Monday, April 4, 2011

dear future husband :)

I've decided that I'm going to start writing letters to my future husband... whoever he is!  I have had this burning desire in my heart lately to share it with someone else, and since CLEARLY Jesus has different plans for me at the moment I feel like it's necessary to write to my future man and let him know that I am patiently waiting on him!  It's so funny when I look back on most of the boys that have come and gone in my life because they are so far from having the qualities that I want in a life partner.  My heart has been filled with the wrong things, its been broken, confused, lied to, and slowly gone through a healing process.  Sometimes I just laugh at myself for learning things the hard way- my heart could have been completely redeemed a long time ago if I would have given it totally to Jesus as soon as I needed to.  Instead, I tried filling it up with other people and distractions so that I wouldn't have to feel.  Now that I have surrendered it to Jesus I am so overwhelmed with what He has done to transform it and change the things that it desires.  Why didn't I just do that from the beginning!?  So I am currently being content with just sharing my heart with Jesus, but when He decides that my heart is ready to be shared with a man, I just want that man to know that I'm waiting for him and I pray for him every day.  And I also wish he would hurry up!!

Dear Future Husband,

I love you and I hope you're chasing after Jesus as hard as I am right now, so that our paths will cross sooner than later.  Hurry up already!

Love,

Stephanie <3

1 comment: